Official Online Journal of ISGE
The International Society for Gynecologic Endoscopy was formed in 1989 by a group committed endoscopists from Europe and North America who were soon joined by others from all over the world. They recognized the need for a scientific group who would meet at regular intervals to share their knowledge and expertise in gynecologic endoscopy.
The Syllabus is a restricted area with documents and exclusive content, yuo must be registered to access.
Click here to become an ISGE Member.
If you want submit articles, please read the following instructions carefully and fill out the form!
Instruction for Authors
Thetrocar is the Online Scientific Journal of the ISGE, International Society for Gynecological Endoscopy.
Thetrocar is the multispecialty, peer-reviewed journal of the Society, that since its creation in 1998 has used the advantages of the Internet exploiting the net for a quick and always advanced and updated promotion of the endoscopic surgery.
Thetrocar has been and still is a tool for learning at no costs for doctors who reside in under developing countries and have not access to Libraries or Online Journal Paying registrations.
Thetrocar, Journal of the International Society for Gynecological Endoscopy publishes original articles on basic science and technical topics in all the fields involved with gynecology endoscopic surgery. Articles related to specialties as urology or general surgery are accepted when of common interest for the pelvic endoscopic surgeon.
Thetrocar is a blind peer-reviewed journal that employs a rapid review process for all submitted manuscripts so that significant scientific findings appear with minimal delay. All materials accepted for publication are copyedited and returned to the author for approval of significant recommended editorial changes. The editor reserves the right to make minor changes for clarity and accuracy without seeking author approval.
Papers are accepted in the following categories:
- Clinical and experimental surgery
- New operative technique
- Review articles
- Case reports
- Endoscopic education lessons to be published on the Syllabus Letters to the Editor Editorials
Articles concerning emerging technology or new instrumentationsScientific reports of Congresses with didactic tools.
Taking the Example of the JSLS, Journal of the Society of Laparosndoscopic surgeons, a multidisciplinary Society affiliated to the ISGE, TheTrocar has joined many other medical journals endorsing the Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals, including the statements related to “Protection of Patients’ Rights to Privacy,” established by editors in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Thetrocar also endorses the revised CONSORT statement, the AMA Guidelines for web sites, the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME) Publication Ethics Policies for Medical Journals, and the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
- International Committee of Medical Journal Editors. Uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals. JAMA. 1993;269:2282-2286 or Ann Intern Med. 1988;108:258-265 or Br Med J. 1988;296:4011-405.
- Moher D, Schulz K, Altman D. The CONSORT statement: revised recommendations for improving the quality of reports of parallel-group randomized trials. JAMA 2001;285:1987-1991 or http://www.consort-statement.org/
- Winker MA, Flanagan A, Chi-Lum B, et al. Guidelines for medical and health information sites on the internet. JAMA 2000;283:1600-1606
Please review the complete Guidelines for Authors before submitting. Manuscripts that do not adhere to the Guidelines may be rejected or returned to the author for correction before going through the review process. Authors must also follow the Ethical Policies and Procedures. Completion of the copyright transfer agreement is required in order to have your manuscript reviewed. Submit online at email@example.com
- All manuscripts must be typewritten in English with American spelling and submitted in an editable Microsoft Word OR rich text format document. Only Lessons for the Syllabus , Case Reports or Didactic Material for Congress Reports can be submitted in PPT Formats with videos embedded.
- Authors whose primary language is not English should have their papers checked for linguistic accuracy. We could provide a translation service for a fee.
- For style, consult the American Medical Association Manual of Style4 and/or the Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals.1
- There are no limits for words, including references, tables, and figures.
- Do not include a running header or footer.
- Keep abbreviations and acronyms within the text to a minimum and spelled out, in parentheses, when first used.
- Use Systéme International (SI) measurements only.
- Use generic names for drugs.
- Text should avoid sexual and racial bias and should use gender inclusive language when possible.
- All persons listed as authors must meet the criteria for authorship outlined in the American Medical Association Manual of Style4 and/or Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals. Authorship requires substantial participation in the work, with the ability to take public responsibility for the content. Substantial contribution must be made.
Please include the following:
- Title without abbreviations and acronyms.
- Date on which the manuscript was submitted.
Authors’ Contact Information in Byline Order
Please include the following:
- Full name(s) of author(s).
- Highest academic degree(s) of author(s). Do not include US fellowship designations or honorary designations.
- Affiliation(s). Include only the department, institution name, city, state, and country.
- Address, e-mail address, telephone number and fax number for one author as the corresponding author
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest and Sources of Financial Support
(Also see Ethical Policies and Procedures)
Authors must state any financial interest they have in any commercial device, equipment, instrument, or drug that is a subject of the article. Relevant financial support and any conflicts of interest must be disclosed by all authors and reviewers. Authors must also disclose if the manuscript discussion includes the use of products for which they are not labeled (ie, off-label use).
Acknowledge only those from whom permission to acknowledge has been obtained. For individuals, include their full names and highest academic degrees.
Key Words (from the standard Index Medicus MeSH terminology) in maximum number of six.
ISGE Upcoming Events
The ISGE organizes events, congresses and workshops worldwide on a regular basis.
Have a look at the upcoming events. ISGE members benefit from reduced registration fees and guaranteed availability.